I had the Watch 4 Classic from September 2021 to October 2022.
Prior to that I was using the Fitbit Charge 4 which you can find the review here.
I ordered the Watch 4 as part of the “pre order” deal for RM1399 which comes with a hybrid leather band and wireless charger for free.
I am aware that there have been numerous reviews of the Watch 4 on the internet. I will just give a short review here based on my own opinions and usage.
- Samsung Eco System. Given that both the watch and my phone are Samsung, it seems the integration is seamless. The Samsung Health app took some getting used to (as I was using Fitbit before that).
- I like the rotating bezel. It gives the watch a premium feel and ease of navigation.
- I also like the numerous watch faces provided by Samsung and third party developers. It makes the watch feel “new” every now and then, or suited to the occasion you’re at.
- Changeable watch strap. I ordered a few leader and plastic straps of different colour. It feels nice to be able to swap them according to what you’re doing (e.g. sports, at work, or special occasion).
- Based on my own workout routines, I immediately noticed the Watch 4 doesn’t have a profile to measure HIIT and floors climbed. Ever since the COVID lockdown, I created a new workout routine by climbing the stairs from first floor to 30th . The Fitbit was able to track it automatically, however, I couldn’t find a similar workout in the Watch 4 (that automatically tracks your climb).
- The other thing that bothered me was the battery life. The Charge 4 can last a minimum of 5 days on a single charge, while the Watch 4 needs to be charged almost every 1.5 days. I had to adjust my charging habit so that it doesn’t die mid day (e.g. charging while sitting at my desk at work or while I shower).
My next smartwatch is the Samsung Watch 5 Pro. I’ll write a review after about 1 year, or, up to the point I feel like getting a newer watch.